Voter Guide Update – May 2020
The American people are resilient and strong – we have maintained our democracy through war and peace, economic downturn and prosperity, and in previous moments of public health crisis. We can meet that same challenge today and continue to uphold the core functions and values of our democracy. Voting is at the very heart of who we are as a society. There is no more important duty for us as Americans.
More information on how to vote in states with upcoming primaries is below. We’ll keep this page updated as there are changes to voting procedures.
Delaware’s primary was postponed and is now scheduled to take place on Tuesday, July 7, 2020.
Please follow these 5 steps to safely cast your ballot by mail.
- Check your Mail or Request a ballot! You should have received an absentee ballot application in the mail. If you did not, go to iVOTE.DE.gov to request online or contact the Elections office for your county and ask them to mail you a paper application.
- Fill out the Request! When asked for an absentee reason you may choose option 3, “I am sick, or temporarily or permanently disabled” if you are voting absentee because you are social distancing or self-quarantining due to COVID-19 concerns. If you have a paper request form, send the completed and signed form to your county Elections office by mail, fax, or email.
- Check your mail! Your county elections office will send you a ballot in the mail.
- Fill out your ballot & don’t forget to vote for Joe!
- Return your ballot! Once you receive your ballot fill it out promptly and send it back to your county elections office. Ballots must arrive no later than 8pm ET on Tuesday, July 7th.
The Louisiana primary has been postponed until July 11, 2020. Any registered Democrat may vote in Louisiana’s Democratic primary. Voters may register in-person or by mail by June 10, 2020, or online by June 20, 2020.
Early voting will be available from June 20, 2020 through July 4, 2020. To find your early voting location, visit https://voterportal.sos.la.gov/EarlyVoting. Voters who are eligible to vote absentee may request a ballot until July 7, 2020. All ballots must be received by 4:30 pm on July 10, 2020. To find out if you qualify to vote absentee please click here.
The Puerto Rico Democratic primary has been postponed until July 12.This website will be updated with more information, including polling locations, as information becomes available.
If you have additional questions please call the DNC hotline: 1-833-336-8683